Tags: new year
2009 was SOME year.
But mostly it was a good year.
A trying year.
A year of firsts.
First mainland trips.
God was gracious.
I know He has great things in store for us in 2010.
Hello all ye faithful few…
I have been on the Big Island with my kids for the past week and have not had computer access.
To-Die-For Caramel Apple Cake
Pictures from our trip
My little time out from blogging was actually quite nice. I’ve been feeling out of balance, and that, with the state of limbo my family is in at the moment, was enough to drive me ever closer to an impending panic attack.
I got through it.
Grumpily at first.
Then a little less grumpily.
And finally, I began finding peace again.
Here are some things that happened this week:
We had some really great news this week that may mean our move will happen soon!
Judah cut his first two teeth…and they’re on the top! The girls teethed earlier and both cut bottom teeth first. He’s still fussy but it’s more manageable. Biting while nursing is a new issue, one I’m not quite sure how to handle. I’ve been thinking of getting a nursing necklace, which is basically a large ring on a cord that the baby can pull on and play with while nursing.
I got to take Emma and Gracie on dates on Saturday while Manly was home. I took Gracie to Starbucks and on some little errands. Emma and I got Starbucks and then I took her to get her nails done. It was her first time. I told Gracie she has to stop biting her nails before I can take her to get hers done!
The girls hit a new level in their relationship: they have DECIDED to be kind and loving to one another, to share their toys and play nicely together. They told me this on their own. I was such a proud momma, I could have cried.
I’m slowly but surely going to make my way through our house and set aside things for a garage sale and start packing our non-essentials. This is an unbelievably overwhelming issue for me…but I think I can do it.
Tags: Homemaking, life, Marriage, Parenting
Sometimes you just need a time-out.
This week has not started off well.
Judah is in the worst stage of teething…with four teeth getting ready to erupt at any moment.
The girls are being girls…fussing and arguing and trying my patience.
Manly is in Hilo for a long week…he won’t be home until late Saturday night.
My bathroom sink is PLUGGED…and no amount of Liquid Draino is going to help.
Ants are very slowly taking over this house…and are surprisingly chemical-resistant.
Jackson the chameleon eats way too many crickets…and the pet store is out of large ones till Thursday.
The laundry pile magically replenishes itself every time I do a load…as does the dirty dishes pile.
There aren’t enough hours in the day to get everything done…and even if there were, I wouldn’t have the energy to make use of them.
So…I’m giving myself a blogging time-out.
It’s one less thing for my poor brain to deal with.
I will return later this week renewed and refreshed and ready to start again…I hope.
We’ve been busy busy busy as usual…
Emma is now the proud caretaker of Jackson, the chameleon.
Gracie has been busy drawing and coloring and trying to stop being messy. (“I can do it, momma, really!)
Judah is cutting four teeth simultaneously…two top and two bottom…so we have been dealing with grumpy baby and nursing issues.
Daddy is in football season so his visits home have become shorter and shorter. We’re praying for a new home in Hilo so we can move over already!
Momma is starting to plan Judah’s first birthday party and just thought of the most awesome theme ever!
But she can’t share it with ya’ll for fear of copy-cats. 🙂
- Emma had a birthday! She’s 8 years old now. I can’t believe how quickly the time has passed. I am so proud of the young lady she is becoming! I must admit, though… we are now in foreign territory. I’m schooled in early childhood development, not middle elementary development!
- Gracie will be 5 on Sunday… another reminder of how old I’m getting and how quickly time is flying by! She is such a funny, delightful girl. We haven’t hit any really rough spots with her yet, and for that I am truly thankful!
- Judah made 7 months yesterday. He is growing so fast! His newest tricks are clapping, waving hi and bye, and… wait for it! He’s ALMOST CRAWLING. I’m happy and not-so-happy about this new development. I’m really truly hoping he’ll wait and crawl after we make our big move to Hilo. I’m planning on babyproofing as we move in. If he crawls here, heaven help me! I wouldn’t even know where to start.
- We had a big family birthday party for the girls at Dave & Busters. They had such a great time! Plus, it was fun for the grown-ups too.
- Moving–not so much to report in that area. It’s everyone’s favorite question: “When are you moving?” And I never know what to say other than, “We’re working on it!” It’s such an overwhelming thing. If we were just moving to another house here on Oahu it would be simple. But moving to another island is a whole other story. We are praying and trusting that the Lord will get us there soon! And I’m believing that there must be some important gem that I’m supposed to find in experiencing life as a single momma for four days a week (something other than being thankful for my good, godly husband! I get it Lord!).
Well, it’s been ages since I’ve updated this blog. I had such high aspirations of doing daily posts… but then reality kicked me in the fanny!
My camera has disappeared. It’s simply vanished. The last time I saw it, it was sitting on the kitchen table. One little birdie says she put it on my bed. Another little birdie says she “didn’t touch it! I very promise, mommy, I left it on the table.” I turned the house upside down looking for it, and just can’t find it. Today I’m going to take the couch apart to see if it’s somewhere in there.
- Last Thursday: Manly came home. Yay!
- Friday: Judah had his 4-month checkup and shots. 18 lbs. 10 oz. and 27 inches long puts him in the 95% on the growth chart. Two shots, one oral vaccination and thirty seconds of tears = healthy boy!
- Saturday: Mom and I went out to find a place to host a friend’s bridal shower. Had a yummy lunch at MAC 24-7 and got a sweet dress at Nordstroms. It was nice to have a break from the kids! Then Manly and I went on a date to Shokudo’s and ate yummy Japanese food.
- Sunday: Sunday is always our lay-around day. Naps, food, movies are a given.
- Monday: Manly went back to Hilo and I resumed our weekly routine. Playdate and dinner with the Fowlers!
- Tuesday: Emergency call from Guam. Rush to FedEx to overnight a big package. Got lost, parked in the wrong parking lot, but got it done! Finished a huge Etsy order.
- Yesterday: Post-office to mail Etsy orders. McTeacher’s fundraiser for dinner = utter chaos! LOST was not too great… passed out in bed and thanked God it was my last night alone.